Do you suffer from “Pony Fever?”
Have you been waiting a long time to add a horse to your family?
Have you carefully considered a match between you and your new equine buddy?
Have you decided exactly where he’s going to live and how you’re going to keep him happy?
Do you have moments when the idea of bringing a horse into your life is scary?
Horses are unlike any other animal companion. They’re too big to live in your house, so they have to live in specialized homes of their own. They have specific diet requirements, and they need a regular vet and farrier care to keep them healthy and happy. They’re big, dangerous, and highly opinionated. And you absolutely can’t wait to have one of your own!
In Help! I Bought a New Horse! : What First Time Horse Owners Need to Know About Grooming, Riding, Training, and Horse Care, author Meredith Hill helps newcomers to the horse world navigate the wild landscape of:
– Finding the horse of your dreams… whatever that means
– Determining the best possible living situation for your horse
– Getting organized for bringing your horse home
– Learning how to communicate with your new horse
– Choosing the activities you’d like to try with your horse
This volume includes Meredith Hill’s previous books to provide a full, comprehensive guide to the first few years of horse ownership and well beyond:
– Before Your Horse Comes Home: Introductory Horse Care for Beginners
– I Have a Horse… Now What: How Grooming, Training, Riding, and Equine Competitive Activities Can Build a Lifelong Bond
Whether you have carefully cultivated equine dreams that you’ve held onto for years or you’re just starting to consider adding a horse to your family, Meredith Hill helps equestrians of all ages and experience levels take the next step in their new horse journey.