Perfection is endemic in the healthcare environment. The system that we have dedicated our life to is gradually eating our life away. In Healthcare Anonymous, Dr. Simon Maltais allows us to understand using real-life inspiring stories that training, misguided references, maladapted interactions with the system, and increasingly demanding hours have created a perfect nidus to manifest healthcare disease. He thoroughly exposes how it can lead to personal, professional, and potential lifelong devastating consequences for healthcare workers, patients, and society.
In this eye-opening, core shattering, and inspiring book, Maltais lays bare the real source of anxiety, addiction, and burnout. He explains how our healthcare system and the way we interface with it can create a vicious cycle that directly impacts our entire system. Healthcare Anonymous describes:
• HealthCare Disease: how the system getting you well is creating sick workers.
• How high-intensity environments impact the delivery of care and the performance of our nation’s finest medical minds.
• The symptoms of maladapted healthcare workers.
• Findings of an in-depth compassionate case study on healthcare workers.
• Simple steps to prevent, stop, and heal from healthcare disease and breakthrough a better life.
As the global pandemic has tested the core of our medical systems and pushed healthcare workers to their breaking point, Maltais exposes the fragility and vulnerability of our healthcare workforce. At times core shattering, Healthcare Anonymous is an “open heart” window written with a baffling humility by a unique up and rising non-fiction doctor/writer, John M Stulak, MD (cardiac surgeon and educational leader).